Fees and Costs of Bankruptcy
While attorney's fees and costs may be different in your case, the following is Mr. Hoskins' schedule of fees and costs for basic services:
Mr. Hoskins will work with you to get your case filed. His fee can be paid in affordable payments, depending on your circumstances.
Flat fee for bankruptcy representation = as low as $1,400 (flexible payments; includes credit report, credit counseling, & debtor education)
Court filing fee, Chapter 7 = $335
Extras in Chapter 7:
Reaffirmation = $250 (not applicable to home loans)
Judgment lien removal = $300 for 1st lien; + $150 for each additional lien
Other fees may be charged depending on individual circumstances.
- Attorney fees in Chapter 13 are determined by the bankruptcy court
- Total Chapter 13 attorney fees, in most cases, will be estimated as $6,000 for purposes of the Chapter 13 Plan.
- Required down payment = as low as $1,400, plus filing fee** (flexible payments: including credit report, credit counseling, debtor education)
- On average, Mr. Hoskins' total fees for getting an initial chapter 13 plan confirmed range from $3,600 to $4,600, for cases not requiring the extra services, such as:
- Contested hearings
- More than one amended plan to obtain court approval
- Motions to avoid judgment liens
- Defense of motions for relief from automatic stay
- For cases that require extra services , Mr. Hoskins will bill hourly and apply to the court for approval of his total fees
- Attorney hourly rate = $300; paralegal hourly rate = $150
Court filing fee, Chapter 13 = $310
Email me. I'm an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Do you have bankruptcy questions? Go ahead, ask! I’m here to offer bankruptcy HELP. Helping to Educate you on bankruptcy Laws, and the Practical solutions to getting a fresh start.
The statements of law made here are general statements of law, effective at the time published and subject to change from time to time. These statements are not intended, nor may they be construed, to be applicable to any particular set of factual circumstances nor to any particular person. I recommend that all readers seek the assistance and advice of an experienced bankruptcy lawyer for guidance in their particular circumstances.
© Copyright 2012 David C. Hoskins, licensed Colorado lawyer